10,000 Thank Yous

I’m not one particularly given to blog stat pron, but today I had my 10,000th page hit, which I think is a bit of a milestone for this humble blog. Countless ministers will tell you “Its not about the numbers”, as they look wistfully at the empty chairs, the static attendance and the growing church down the road. Asking a minister not to notice lack of bums on seats is like telling Capello not to notice Walcott’s lack of end product. It shouldn’t really matter but it does.
Anyway, the thing about blogs is that everything is measured. There are many things to obsess over!! It’s like measuring bums on seats as well the types of cars the bums arrive in and colour pants they wear and what drawer they came from. Many hours to be wasted. I try not to obsess about my blog stats, because it’s not about the numbers!  My aim is that it is worthwriting even if no-one reads it, because it helps me to think. Havingsaid that, I can’t say I don’t look at the stats once or twice (a day) and as I pass 10,000 hits since I began in November 2012, I want to thank you for your Clicks, Comments, and (en)Couragements.  Some of you know me and follow me because youare good friends; some of you don’t know me yet still find something interesting to read…! What I am trying to do is think creatively, outside the box; or, as Rob Bell says, remember there is no box at all. You guys have become an essential part of that process. Thank you!!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post