Jackie Collins, best-selling novelist, has died of breast cancer at the age of 77

The author lost a six-and-a-half year battle with breast cancer on Saturday, People reports.

Jackie Collins's cake on Choccywoccydoodah

"It is with tremendous sadness that we announce the death of our beautiful, dynamic and one-of-a-kind mother, Jackie Collins, who died of breast cancer today," the Collins family said in a statement. 

"She lived a wonderfully full life and was adored by her family, friends and the millions of readers who she has been entertaining for over 4 decades. She was a true inspiration, a trailblazer for women in fiction and a creative force. She will live on through her characters but we already miss her beyond words."

Collins was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer in 2009 but chose to keep her illness out of the public eye, and told People in an interview on September 14 that she had no regrets.

"Looking back, I'm not sorry about anything I did," she said. "I did it my way, as Frank Sinatra would say. 

"I've written five books since the diagnosis, I've lived my life, I've travelled all over the world, I have not turned down book tours and no one has ever known until now when I feel as though I should come out with it.

"Now I want to save other people's lives." 

Over her life, Collins had written 32 novels which have collectively sold over 500 million copies.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post