Back to Strength



For many years, I have overcome a lot and trust me when you seen my journey, you will be saying, "That's one hell of a journey."  From the outset, all seemed normal, normal in the context that everything was good. The difficulty was adapting and adapting to change, which at times, I often found difficult. Wise Words for You started in 2012 after my late Nan died and even then I never thought of blogging, but I did and along the way I did experiment with having others help me by contributing their wisdom. 

I'm forever grateful for Alan Jones; my mentor, my tutor, my work colleague and most of all, a great friend. His skills in everything just shows anything is possible and with his posts he shared with me helped me grow me more. Then there was Rick Waid, whom I met through Alan, and this friendship was unique as I was Alan's Web Administrator for his radio show entitled, The Real Twilight Zone, and this gave me the audience to reach further than my home country, that being the UK. Yes, I am still proud to be British! In fact I will always remain British. So, to those people who tried to identify me as: "You need to be this" or "Why can't you be more like me?" Well, I'm sorry to dismiss you, but "I am David and I am always going to be ME" and that's how I like to encourage people is to realize their true potential in themselves. Lastly, I like to thank the late great Roger "Profoundly" Briggs. He contributed such a lot and even from his sick bed he made posts to this Blog to inspire others. 

Now I hate being serious but there is a dark element to this writing but not everything was straight forward. Yes, to the outside I showed I was strong, but I made challenging choices and me believing that it would benefit changed certain aspects around my ethos. At the time it was used to Share a Wise Word or Two, but I sadly cut back on people contributing to the blog. This was difficult, but to maintain that "keep everyone happy" I did this. I hate the choices I made, okay I sacrificed a lot and even gave up living in the UK to follow what I genuinely thought was good. It was often said I should have stayed in the UK but I didn't. Five years did look good to those people but to the ones on my side they was scared and worried as I was on the other side of the pond.

Now the year is 2024 and I'm now able to be myself again, I'm able to write this and share that my Wise Words for You blog is back. My health is better and I'm in a stable place where I can help others with the experience I have of understanding. I'm grateful for the person I am now because of my Catgirl and her fur babies which now is part of my life.


Wise Words for You is back and I believe it's going to be better! My past is the past, I'm here, I'm strong, I'm older and I'm definitely more wiser. I'm back to strength and I'm back to me being me not "My name is David" because I am David!! 
 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post