Social Media & Poetry


Social media is poetry in motion. It is a symphony of various content and platforms all working together. Each platform with a different pace, tone and frequency that resonates a message of harmony.
Now I want you to remember, I am a Social Media guy, not a writer. That being said, we all know that humour, fun and creative content tends to get a tad more traction then stodgy old articles. So, I had an idea…  Why create an actual poem using the platforms and technologies we all utilize and wrap it up with a point?
Here is my attempt at creative social media poetry that makes a subtle yet profound point.  I hope you enjoy it.

On Facebook I stare at my wall
and wonder if I know you all.
I go to Twitter, thence to tweet
of what I wear and what I eat.
I think I’ll grab a book or two,
then head to Goodreads to review.
My blog post page is blank and white
I’ve not a clue of what to write.
I’ll visit other blogs instead
and comment there on what was said.
Then check on my email accounts
(between the five I tend to bounce).
Social media is good, it’s true
To keep in touch with all of you.
But writing I have nothing done
Except the poem I have just spun.
So I guess I’d better go turn the internet off now.
 
 
There is also a contribution from a friend of mine, it goes like this,
 
 
Where everyone tells
Anything sells
Profanity galore
A Spring Rising comes to the fore
It matters not what is told and how it unfolds
Secrets exposed or leaked online
With or without permission in mind
To derobe, dethrone and topple the masses unite
Be it rulers, leaders ,saints and sinners they ignite
Images of rockstars, superstrs and musicians jive
Viewed around the world as live
Social media is here to stay
Whatever is captured can never be erased.
 
 
 
 
 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post