New Ideas

Sadly, and it's sad to me, what excites me the most about the current state of science and technology is I think we're entering a golden age in the field, and I'm incompetent at even being able to understand it. One hundred years ago, it was the age of quantum mechanics. If you went in one room at one time, you'd have Einstein, de Broglie, Planck, Rutherford, Niels Bohr, all of these guys at the same time finally understanding the next phase of what we know about them, the rules of nature. And there have been golden ages of different things: mechanics, physics. We're moving into the golden age of biology, proteomics, genomics. It's going to be spectacular. Computational biology.
And I don't understand the premise of a lot of that stuff. And my brain doesn't work as fast as a kid's brain at picking up new and different ideas. So I'm quite convinced I will never be facile with what are going to be the exciting technologies of the really good technology people that are now running around trying to figure out what to do with their lives. Technology does play a part in this Blog, so it gives me great pleasure in introducing another new Contributor to Wise Words for You, the other day we had Rick Waid. Well today I just accepted an offer from yet another Person to write for Wise Words for You. His ideas & Thoughts will come very soon. So stick around.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post