Ice Bucket Challenge: George W Bush


George W Bush has completed the Ice Bucket Challenge - but didn't seem to have much choice in the matter.

The former US president's wife, Laura Bush, drenched her husband with icy cold water, as he was sat writing a cheque to go towards the fundraising effort.


George was challenged by a number of stars, including his daughter, Jenna Bush Hager, to take on the challenge.

The cause aims to raise awareness for ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or motor neurone disease), a terminal illness that weakens and stiffens muscles. The challenge involves people having a bucket of freezing water poured over them, while also nominating others to follow suit.

"To you all that challenged me, I do not think it's presidential for me to be splashed with ice water, so I'm simply going to write you a cheque," George said, before being soaked by his wife.

She added jokingly: "That cheque is for me. I wouldn't ruin my hairstyle."

After drying off, George challenged his predecessor in the White House, Bill Clinton, to follow his lead. 

George W. Bush
President Bill Clinton honored for the Dayton Accords peace negotiations

"Yesterday was Bill's birthday and my gift to Bill is a bucket of cold water," George said.

President Barack Obama has declined to take on the challenge, but will instead make a monetary contribution to the campaign. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post