Thought of the Day: Spiritual tolerance cultivates innate wisdom



Tolerance is based on going beyond the superficial things that  divide us.  It’s the result of turning within and coming to know the self. If I can deal with my own ego, then my own anger can be resolved. This goes a long way in resolving external issues too.
Spiritual tolerance cultivates innate wisdomWith my own ego out of the way, I will be able to handle anything! Otherwise it’s just the same old  thing – you versus me, yours versus mine, etc. – intolerance. If I’m unselfish and honest in my heart and am concerned about others’ needs, then I will be full enough to give.
When you know the self in this way, then you can know others. “I should be understood” changes to “I should understand”. Not ” They should change”, but “I will give what’s needed”. Patience, peace and maturity develop. Spiritual tolerance cultivates innate wisdom, the kind you can’t get from books.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post